Prof. Dr. Andrea Ridolfi
Prof. Dr. Andrea Ridolfi Dozent
School of Engineering and Computer Science
Professor at Bern University of Applied Sciences - BFH
Lecturer at École Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne - EPFL
International Advisor Department of Electrical Engineering and Information Technology
Bachelor of Science, Electrical Engineering and Information Technology BFH
Master of Sciences, Communication Systems EPFL
Digital Signal Processing (B.Sc. BFH)
Communication Networks (B.Sc. BFH)
Wireless Communication Systems (B.Sc. BFH)
Continuous Signals and Systems (B.Sc. BFH)
Statistical signal and data processing through applications (M.Sc. EPFL)
Internet of Things
- I am currently a Professor in Communication Technologies and Information Processing at the Bern University of Applied Sciences BFH in Biel, Switzerland, and a Lecturer in Statistical Signal and Data Processing at Ecole Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne EPFL. My research and development activities focus on Internet of Things / Sensor Networks and Signal Processing for Communications, and my teaching domains include Digital Signal Processing, Wireless Networks, and Communication Technologies.
My previous professional experiences allowed me to build up a solid expertise in stochastic processes, signal processing for biomedical portable devices, sensor networks, and signal processing for mobile sensors.
I am much passionated about teaching, human centered technologies, and several outdoor activities such as mountaineering, climbing, skiing, paragliding, and mountain biking.
Language skills and intercultural knowledge
- English - Native or bilingual proficiency
- French - Native or bilingual proficiency
- Italian - Native or bilingual proficiency
- Spanish - Full professional proficiency
- German - Professional working proficiency
- United States of America