Prof. Dr. Deane Harder
Prof. Dr. Deane Harder Dozent
Institut Innovation and Entrepreneurship
CAS Strategisches Management
Design Thinking; innovation and sustainability; behavioural economics and sustainability; supply chain management
Supply Chain Management
Behavioural Economics (Nudges)
- 2007-2016 Business experiences in various industries with a shift to applied research in innovation, consulting, corporate development, change management and individual coaching
- 1999-2004 PhD Otago University
Magritte: Creativity in VR
BugBias: Insects as Human Food Tested in VR
360° Videos in Teaching
Digital transformation in environmental monitoring
Pinoy Tannin: Development of a sustainable tannin industry in the Philippines
Publications in international peer-reviewed scientific journals
1. Fonseca LMC, Domingues JP, Harder DL, Machado PB. ISO 9001:2015 adoption: a multi-country
empirical research. Journal Indust. Engin. Mgmt., 2018 (in press).
2. Frecé J, Harder DL. Organisations beyond Brundtland: A Definition of Corporate Sustainability Based
on Corporate Values. J Sustainable Dev Afr. 11:5, p184-193, 2018.
Peer-reviewed conference papers
1. Harder DL, Duminy L. Gamified feedback in education as a policy to increase intrinsic motivation. The
Sixth Annual System Dynamics Conference Jointly Hosted by the South African System Dynamics
Chapter and Eskom Society, 2018 (in press).
Contributions to books
1. Schmid S, Harder DL, Brechbühler Pešková M. Nudges to reduce waste. In: Nachhaltige
Unternehmensentwicklung. Springer 2018 (in press).
2. Harder DL, Tokarski KO. The Power to Change a Social System. In Organizational Behaviour and
Human Resource Management (pp. 49–72). Springer, Cham, 2018.
1. Brechbühler Pešková M, Harder DL. Saving cost and reducing food waste – the potential for saving in the
Swiss gastronomy, 2018.
2. Tokarski KO, Brechbühler Pešková M, Harder DL. State of corporate development in Switzerland.
A national survey in collaboration with SGO, 2017.