Content + structure
Climate change is forcing organisations to adapt their strategies, business models and processes. The concept of the circular economy focuses on solutions that make optimal use of resources and allow those resources to be recovered following their use, in a sustainable, circular, value-added cycle.
Successful implementation of the circular economy concept requires extensive changes to product design, business models and the organisation, which often introduces a certain degree of complexity. In the Circular Economy specialist course, you will become acquainted with application-based concepts, methods and tools of the circular economy. Using practical examples, exercises and discussions, we will show you how you too can make your organisation more circular. The Circular Economy specialist course will empower you to embark on the sustainable transformation of your organisation and enable you to make an active contribution to a more sustainable economy and society.
- You will understand the concepts, context, methods and tools involved in sustainable company management with regard to the circular economy and will be able apply these in practice.
- You will question existing models and world views in order to develop a sustainable way of thinking and acting.
- You will understand how important product design is to the success of the circular economy and be able to identify the need for action where specific products are concerned.
- You will set out visions and strategies and develop a road map to a circular organisation in dialogue with members of the executive or administrative board.
- You will understand circular business models in relation to both material products and services and will be able to develop, implement and evolve your own circular business models independently.
- You will understand the significance of company values and be in a position to recognise omissions in their definition.
- You will draw up a plan to transform your organisation from its current status to a functional, circular business.