Content + structure
Project portfolio management helps you to cut through the mass of ideas and pick the right ones to turn into projects, strategically rank them and execute them in a coordinated fashion – making your organisation more project-oriented and aligning it more strongly to markets and trends. You recognise project portfolio management as a strategic necessity that will enable you to master the challenges of a VUCA world more effectively, from selecting the right process models to setting up IT support for planning, implementing and steering projects.
This part-time continuing education programme in project portfolio management will both motivate and challenge you. You will master the key methodologies and practices you need in order to refine project management within your organisation. You will exchange ideas with other students, expanding your skill set in the process. The programme centres on the critical examination of your current project portfolio management and the recognition and development of solutions for your own workplace.
In this continuing education programme, you will learn all the key aspects of handling projects and deploying appropriate procedures in your organisation (company, public administration, NPO). You will discover how your own organisation can be made more project-oriented and agile. You will acquire the following abilities:
- Conceptualisation of problems and understanding of project portfolio management as a strategic and operative concept
- Methodologies and practices of project initiation and project management, including an overview of supporting tools and apps
- Understanding of Agile forms of organisation (e.g. SAFe)
- Methodological knowledge of the criteria for selecting process models (Plan-driven, Agile, Hybrid) and insight into Agile variants (e.g. Scrum and Kanban).
- Overview of the use of tools in project management and project portfolio management
- Ability to analyse the problems and challenges encountered in projects in your own workplace