- Press Releases
Focus on data applications and security: ICTM becomes IDAS
11.08.2020 The Institute for Data Applications and Security: The new name of the research institute led by Prof. Dr. Annett Laube – previously known as the Institute for ICT-based Management ICTM – takes account of the shift towards the increasingly important areas of data science and data security.
By conducting applied research and providing services for the development and application of information technologies, the Institute for Data Applications and Security supports companies and society on the path to the digital future.
The Institute’s core competences include:
- The provision, analysis and visualisation of structured and unstructured data (data science)
- Identity and access management (IAM) and electronic identities and signatures
- Corporate management of export-oriented companies
- Strategy development in the context of the digital transformation
- Agile and integral innovation methods, e.g. lean start-up, design thinking
Focusing on data engineering and data security, researchers work on a wide range of projects. The Institute supported SBB with the development of two-factor authentication for the Swiss Pass 2.0. As part of the eXPD e-health project, researchers are working on the protection of patient privacy. In addition to these security aspects, the Institute also provides support on the use of artificial intelligence: the start-up legal-i enables lawyers to find relevant information ten times more quickly than with conventional methods.