- Research Project
Measurement and information system for monitoring in football training
To support the coaches, we take measurement data from portable mini-sensor nodes on players and generate key indicators for game-relevant information in the sport of football.
- Lead school(s) School of Engineering and Computer Science
- Institute Institute for Human Centered Engineering (HUCE)
- Funding organisation Innosuisse
- Duration (planned) 01.05.2016 - 30.04.2018
- Project management Dr. Marchel Jacomet
- Head of project Dr. Urs Mäder
Dr. Marcel Jacomet
Dr. Josef Goette
Dr. Urs Mäder
Axiamo GmbH: Mike Gasser
- Keywords Sensor technology, low-power, local positioning system, pattern recognition, tactical match analysis, football, competitive sports
For the first time, the combination of inertial sensor technology and position measurement provides answers to questions such as: ‘Which player is under pressing?’ The aim is to improve the performance of both individual players and the team as a whole.
The scientific innovation here is the modelling of performance based on critical success factors and the underlying key indicators. The sensor data is used to identify patterns and determine player actions. The defined key indicators are calculated on the basis of the player’s actions; these determine critical success factors, performance constructs and, ultimately, the player’s performance.