Diasec is a finishing technique, where a photograph is mounted face down onto a plexiglass or equivalent. The influence of the materials used on the light stability of the photograph is the topic of this research.
- Lead school Bern Academy of the Arts
- Institute Institute Materiality in Art and Culture
Technology in Art and Culture
- Funding organisation SNSF
- Duration 01.11.2007 - 31.08.2009
- Project management Prof. Sebastian Dobrusskin
- Head of project Prof. Sebastian Dobrusskin
Anna Katharina Comiotto
Dr. Stefan Wülfert
Sabine Angela Zorn
- Partner ILFORD Imaging Schweiz GmbH
- Keywords photography, diasec, photo-finishing, long term stability, light stability
The project shall answer the question of the optimum selection of adhesives, plexiglass or equivalent and the photographic material, in terms of light fastness of the photographic picture, in order to give recommendations for manufacture.
Course of action
Diasec is a finishing technique, mounting photographs face down onto a plexiglass or equivalent. In a previous project it was found, that despite the expectation of higher light stability of this process, some photographic materials showed less light fastness. Task of this follow-up project is to examine the light stability a wider range of material combinations used for Diasec.