Legacy-Anwendungen für die Konservierung und Restaurierung von Medienkunst
Compare examines the sustainability of technical transfer methods for the conservation and restoration of computer and network-based artworks and dynamic media objects. Überschreiten der maximalen Anzahl Zeichen.
- Lead department Bern University of the Arts
- Additional departments Engineering and Information Technology
- Institute Institute Materiality in Art and Culture
- Research unit Teaching material competence in training and further education
- Funding organisation Others
- Duration 01.03.2009 - 31.03.2010
- Project management Stefan Wülfert
- Head of project Stefan Wülfert
- Keywords conservation of computer-based art
The project examines how far software- and computer-based art (legacy applications) can be kept accessible on current and forthcoming system environments.
Course of action
Case studies based on information technology have provide detailed knowledge on basic features, technical requirements and micro processes during the migration process for both applications and operating systems.
Case studies, explained in detail in the final report. Lecture on "Digital Conservation" (May 6th 2010, HKB F11)
Dore-Application "Analit - Analogien des Digitalen", Switch-Concept "Storage Broaker", Swiss-Polnish Cooperation project "Sustainable Web Archiving"