Against the background of contemporary debates on the semantics of materials, the project aims at a theory of interactions, transfers and interferences of different materials in artistic media.
- Lead department Bern Academy of the Arts
- Institute Institute Practices and Theories in the Arts
- Research unit Art as Research: artistic creation and epistemologies
- Funding organisation SNSF
- Duration 01.04.2009 - 31.03.2013
- Project management Prof. Dr. Thomas Strässle
- Head of project Prof. Dr. Thomas Strässle
- Keywords Material semantics, Intermateriality, Interaction, Transfer, Interference
The project claims to establish a new dimension of material culture studies, namely the paradigm of intermateriality.
Monograph "Materiality/Intermateriality", to be published by Reclam in 2011.