In what manner, can complex and multilayer networks and Information Carrier/ Information Beams, with a very heterogeneous character, be brought together, visualized and communicated with the methods of Knowledge Visualization?
- Lead school Bern Academy of the Arts
- Institute Institute of Design Research
- Research unit Knowledge Visualization
- Funding organisation BFH
- Duration 01.06.2009 - 31.12.2010
- Project management Prof. Jimmy Schmid
- Head of project Dr. Fabienne Kilchör
- Partner Hotelarchiv Schweiz
The goal is to gain a visual access to complex material through a kind of prototype which visualizes the new methods of connecting and representing the archive in form and content.
Course of action
The object: To connect very different beams around a hotel archive (such as photos, postcards, furniture, architecture), as well as to revisit daily life through a subjective history narrated by the cook of the hotel expressing the feelings