Surgery personel in the operating room
There is no data available on work-related health aspects of surgery personel. The interdisciplinary synergies between BFH and Inselspital, University Hospital Bern are used to gain further insight.
- Lead school School of Health Professions
- Institute Physiotherapy
- Funding organisation Others
- Duration 01.01.2012 - 30.06.2013
- Project management Prof. Dr. Heiner Baur
- Head of project Prof. Dr. Heiner Baur
Angela Blasimann Schwarz
Prof. Dr. Monika Leitner
Universität Bern, Arbeits- & Organisationspsychologie
Inselspital, Universitätsspital Bern
- Keywords nursing & surgery personel, musculoskeletal complaints, stochastic whole body vibration
1. Evaluation of musculoskeletal complaints of surgery personel. 2. analysis of effects of a work-integrated stochastic whole body vibration intervention
Course of action
Surgery personnel in the operating room are exposed to a variety of long-term static postures during work. The project evaluates accompanying health related aspects.
Results show, that six weeks of stochastic resonance therapy in the workplace setting of surgery personnel was not able to reduce musculoskeletal pain. Nevertheless statistically significant effects on wellbeing could be observers. These effect were of small magnitude. Clinical relevance is therefore debatable. Beside that important cooperations with University partners could be established
The projects aims to initiate further projects on work-related health aspects in health profession cohorts. The network with the Inselspital is to be extended. Further project proposals are planned.