SURAFCO II - Support to the Reform of Agriculture and Forestry Colleges in Laos
The SURAFCO project is part of the Swiss Agency of Development and Cooperation (SDC) engagement to support the Laos Ministry of Agriculture and Forestry (MAF) strategic reform efforts.
- Lead department School of Agricultural, Forest and Food Sciences
Resource-efficient agricultural production systems
Institute for Participatory Health Care
- Research unit International agriculture and rural development
- Funding organisation Others
- Duration 01.02.2013 - 31.12.2017
- Project management Dominique Guenat
- Head of project Dominique Guenat
Luang Prabang Agriculture and Forestry College
Ministry of Agriculture and Forestry
Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation
Helvetas Swiss Intercooperation
- Keywords skills-based, practice oriented curriculum reform; student centred teaching and learning
Phase two of the SURAFCO project focuses on 1) completing the reform at NAFC and strenghtening NAFC. 2) Supporting the expansion of the reform to other colleges by coaching NAFC and MAF task force and assuring quality-based implementation.
Course of action
The project is implemented by the MAF with the support of the Northern Agriculture and Forestry College, Helvetas Swiss Intercooperation and HAFL. This second 4-year phase will focus on: 1) further strengthening NAFC, consolidating existing achievements and improving teaching and learning conditions and employability of graduates; strengthening the specific focus of the curricula content to the local contexts; 3) increasing the cooperation with other institutions (outreach).