Schreiben im Zwiegespräch
This research project investigates cooperative writing processes and their effects on an author's sense of self-understanding.
- Lead school Bern Academy of the Arts
- Institute Institute Practices and Theories in the Arts
- Research unit Art as Research: artistic creation and epistemologies
- Funding organisation SNSF
- Duration 01.03.2014 - 31.05.2018
- Project management Prof. Dr. Marie Caffari
- Head of project Prof. Dr. Marie Caffari
Prof. Dr. Marie Caffari
Dr. Johanne Mohs
For decades now, literary mentoring has been established in creative writing, in both universities and publishing houses. However, the nature of this cooperation remains burdened with taboos linked to the continuing tendency towards an aesthetic of the «genius».
Course of action
The research project «Writing as dialogue» aims to confront literary mentoring with current theories of authorship and writing processes. The knowledge thereby gained about collaborative work on manuscripts, and on dialogical writing scenes featured in 16th-century novels, demonstrates how mentoring can be understood as a part of authorship.