Support the reform of agriculture and forestry colleges in Laos
The SURAFCO project is part of the Swiss Agency of Development and Cooperation (SDC) engagement to support the Laos Ministry of Agriculture and Forestry (MAF) strategic reform efforts.
- Lead department School of Agricultural, Forest and Food Sciences
- Institute Resource-efficient agricultural production systems
- Research unit International agriculture and rural development
- Funding organisation Others
- Duration (planned) 01.03.2017 - 31.12.2020
- Project management Dominique Guenat
- Head of project Dominique Guenat
- Partner Helvetas
- Keywords Skills based curriculum development, student centered teaching methods
Phase three of the SURAFCO project focuses on completing the reform in 5 colleges and consolidating the results.
Course of action
The project is implemented by the Ministry of Agriculture and Forestry with the support of the Northern Agriculture and Forestry College (NAFC), Helvetas Swiss Intercooperation and HAFL. This third 4-year phase will focus on completing the reform.