Geldschein- Zur visuellen Rhetorik des Geldes
Money is a convention – it realises itself in daily discourse. Different ‘narratives’ circulate in a society that influence how we think about money and deal with it.
- Lead department Bern Academy of the Arts
- Institute Institute of Design Research
- Research unit Design and Rhetoric
- Funding organisation SNSF
- Duration (planned) 01.01.2017 - 30.04.2021
- Project management Prof. Dr. Arne Scheuermann
- Head of project Simon Renato Küffer
Schweizerischer Nationalfonds SNF
Graduate School of the Arts, Universität Bern
Some of these narratives are also mediated through pictures: the image on a credit card, the advertising of a bank, dollar bills in gangster movies. But how exactly do these visual narratives of money function? By what visual-rhetorical means are they communicated? This doctoral thesis intends to undertake the first-ever systematic analysis of the role that visual communication plays within the ‘money discourse’.