Ammonia (NH3) emissions induce significant nitrogen losses for the Swiss agriculture and negative impacts for the environment. By means of th emodel Agrammon NH3 emissions are calculated and mitigation measures evaluated.
- Lead department School of Agricultural, Forest and Food Sciences
- Institute Resource-efficient agricultural production systems
- Research unit Sustainability and ecosystem
- Funding organisation Schweizerische Eidgenossenschaft (Bundesverwaltung)
- Duration 01.04.2018 - 31.12.2019
- Project management Thomas Kupper
- Head of project Thomas Kupper
Oetiker + Partner AG
Bundesamt für Umwelt BAFU
- Keywords Ammonia, Emissions, Agriculture, Nitrogen, Flow
Calculation of the agricultural ammonia emissions at the level of individual farms or regions; improvement and upgrading of the model according the the state of the art, supporting stakeholders for the implementation of mitigation measures.
Course of action
The model Agrammon for calculation of the agricultural ammonia emissions at the level of individual farms or regions is run on a Web site. It is continuously adapted according to the state of the art and the needs of the practice. Additionally, the offices concerned and the extension services are supported in order to implement mitigation measures.