Bodenkartierung St. Galler Rheintal, Entwicklung von Kartierungsmethoden für breite Flächen.
Organic soil of the Rhine valley contribute to agricultural production. Their fertility is threatened by organic matter decomposition. A soil map produced with an efficient method is necessary to take decisions.
- Lead department School of Agricultural, Forest and Food Sciences
- Institute Resource-efficient agricultural production systems
- Research unit Plant production systems
- Funding organisation Others
- Duration (planned) 01.03.2018 - 31.12.2021
- Project management Stéphane Burgos
- Head of project Stéphane Burgos
- Keywords organic soils, soil mapping, agriculture, GIS
The aim of the project is the development of efficient soil mapping method, development of soil core image analysis, development of efficient data flow management, analysis of actual and future organic soils problems
Course of action
the project is divided into 6 workpackages: workpackage 1: soil mapping as base information, workpackage 2: characterization of the different peat and gley types, workpackage 3: analysis and documentation of old oversanding, workpackage 4: analysis of actual agricultural systems, workpackage 5: analyses of improvement possibilities of the soil fertility workpackage 6: knowledge transfer