A private collection of over 15,000 hours of audio recordings from the New York opera houses in the years 1970–2010 is to be indexed, preserved and made available for interpretation research.
- Lead school Bern Academy of the Arts
- Additional schools Business School
- Institute Institute Interpretation
- Research unit Performance and interpretation
- Funding organisation BFH
- Duration 01.01.2018 - 31.12.2018
- Project management Dr. Thomas Gartmann
- Head of project Dr. Laura Moeckli
Prof. Beat Estermann
Prof. Dr. Thomas Jarchow
Prof. Dr. Reinhard Riedl
Dr. Ingela Helene Tägil
Fonoteca Nazionale Svizzera
Ehrenreich-Fonds New York
Above and beyond this, the present feasibility study is intended to thematise urgent questions about the preservation of audio archives in our digital age. This one-year preparatory project will clarify issues of context and conservation, develop a digitisation concept, carry out initial interpretation analyses, and will plan the further indexing of the collection.