Met live. Konserviert, digitalisiert, erforscht
A private collection of over 15,000 hours of audio recordings from the New York opera houses in the years 1970–2010 is to be indexed, preserved and made available for interpretation research.
- Lead department Bern University of the Arts
- Additional departments Business
- Institute Institute Interpretation
- Research unit Performance and interpretation
- BFH centre BFH Centre for Arts in Context
- Funding organisation Others
- Duration 01.01.2018 - 31.12.2018
- Project management Thomas Gartmann
- Head of project Laura Moeckli
Ingela Helene Tägil
Fonoteca Nazionale Svizzera
Ehrenreich-Fonds New York
Above and beyond this, the present feasibility study is intended to thematise urgent questions about the preservation of audio archives in our digital age. This one-year preparatory project will clarify issues of context and conservation, develop a digitisation concept, carry out initial interpretation analyses, and will plan the further indexing of the collection.