Management of the Secretariat of the Swiss Forum for International Agricultural Research (SFIAR)
SFIAR fosters networking of agricultural research for development (ARD) actors in Switzerland and promotes visibility of Swiss ARD. BFH-HAFL is mandated to manage the SFIAR secretariat.
- Lead department School of Agricultural, Forest and Food Sciences
- Institute Resource-efficient agricultural production systems
- Research unit International agriculture and rural development
- Funding organisation Others
- Duration (planned) 01.01.2018 - 31.12.2021
- Project management Felix Hintermann
- Head of project Felix Hintermann
Pia Clara Fehle
Federal Office for Agriculture
Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation (SDC)
Syngenta Foundation for Sustainable Agriculture
- Keywords agricultural research for development, developing countries, forum, networking
By managing the SFIAR secretariat, BFH-HAFL contributes to the continuation of SFIAR as an active and lively forum that is recognized and noticed by the interested public.
Course of action
The SFIAR secretariat provides the following main services: (1) SFIAR Website: Information platform of Switzerland on agricultural research for development, (2) Management of the SFIAR Award for innovative agricultural research for development, (3) General secretariat support for the SFIAR, (4) Representation of SFIAR in the European Forum on Agricultural Research for Development (EFARD).
SFIAR Website: Information platform of Switzerland on agricultural research for development; SFIAR research award (incl. award ceremony); SFIAR meetings; SFIAR representation in the European Forum on Agricultural Research for Development