In Switzerland, comprehensive information on the condition of the soil is missing. However, detailed information on the condition of the soil is indispensable for sustainable soil management.
- Lead school School of Agricultural, Forest and Food Sciences
- Institute Resource-efficient agricultural production systems
- Research unit Plant production systems
- Funding organisation Schweizerische Eidgenossenschaft (Bundesverwaltung)
- Duration (planned) 01.01.2019 - 31.12.2023
- Project management Daniela Marugg
- Head of project Daniela Marugg
Prof. Dr. Stéphane Burgos
Prof. Dr. Peter Spring
Dr. Madlene Nussbaum
- Partner Bundesamt für Umwelt BAFU
- Keywords Classification, soils, Switzerland, mapping instructions
The aim of the project is the revision of the classification of soils in Switzerland and the soil mapping instructions. The new guidelines must address the concerns and needs of the various stakeholders and should be widely implemented as a standard.
Course of action
Practical revision of the classification of soils in Switzerland and the mapping instructions with regard to mapping projects of different sacale/levels of detail and varying surface area (upcoming large scale mapping projects must be taken in account).