Student Tutoring «Digital Skills»
In this project, tutorials designed to enhance interdisciplinary digital skills will be developed, implemented and evaluated. This pilot project will form the basis for the university-wide introduction of such tutorials at BFH.
- Lead department Business
- Institute Institute for Digital Enabling
- Research unit Digital Skills
- BFH centre BFH Centre for the Digital Society
- Funding organisation Others
- Duration (planned) 01.01.2019 - 30.06.2021
- Project management Alexander Schmid
- Head of project Alexander Schmid
- Keywords Peer-to-Peer, Digtial Skills, Tutoring, Future Skills, OER
It is nowadays essential to have digital skills. To date, these skills have not been systematically addressed by core teaching programmes at BFH. In the “Digital Skills” tutorial, student tutors in their third semester and later will provide targeted support to first semester students, focusing on helping these develop general and study-related digital skills. This will assist students during their orientation phase at BFH and promote the systematic improvement of digital skills relevant to academic and professional activities. The finalised concept will be made available internally within BFH and externally as an open educational resource.
Course of action
During the 2019 - 2020 project period, the focus will be on the development of a tutoring training course for first semester students throughout BFH, as well as on its implementation, realisation and evaluation in a pilot course undertaken at a selected BFH department.