Lebensmittel als Material in installativen und partizipativ-performativen künstlerischen Arbeiten – Dokumentation, Analyse, Rezeption
Artistic works that comprise actual foodstuffs are often highly ephemeral and characterised by a multi-sensory dimension. Besides the sense of sight, the observer’s other senses are also involved, such as those of smell, touch and taste.
- Lead department Bern University of the Arts
- Institute Institute Practices and Theories in the Arts
- Research unit Art as Research: artistic creation and epistemologies
- Funding organisation SNSF
- Duration (planned) 01.02.2019 - 31.07.2022
- Project management Fabiana Senkpiel
- Head of project Fabiana Senkpiel
Course of action
This research project is investigating for the first-ever time the documentation, analysis and reception of such works of art, and is doing so from three perspectives: 1) Conservation/restoration; 2) Art studies; 3) Artistic research. The focus here is on installations and participatory-performative works of contemporary art.