Performance: Conservation, Materiality, Knowledge
This research focuses on the questions of con servation of performancebased works, their temporal specifics, the involvement of the human and nonhuman body, the world of their extended trace history, memory, and archive.
- Lead department Bern University of the Arts
- Institute Institut Materialität in Kunst und Kultur
- Research unit Präventive Konservierung
- BFH centre Arts-co - BFH-Zentrum Arts in Context
- Funding organisation SNSF
- Duration (planned) 01.10.2020 - 30.09.2024
- Project management Hanna Hölling
- Head of project Hanna Hölling
This project centres on the conservation of per formancebased artworks. Being of intrinsically short duration and involving human or nonhuman body, performance based artworks challenge the common assumptions that a work of art can be fixed, static and ‘conservable’ – an object easily constrained by the established systems of documentation and archival ordering.