Settings of Dying
In a collaboration with the Centre for Palliative Care at the City Hospital Waid in Zurich, we examine the role of language, care, design, as well as religion, in the daily live of the terminally ill.
- Lead school Bern Academy of the Arts
- Additional schools School of Health Professions
Institute of Design Research
- Research unit Social Communication
- Funding organisation SNSF
- Duration (planned) 01.01.2020 - 30.06.2023
- Project management Prof. Dr. Corina Caduff
- Head of project Prof. Dr. Corina Caduff
Prof. Dr. Eva Soom Ammann
Prof. Dr. Arne Scheuermann
Schweizerischer Nationalfonds SNF
Zürcher Hochschule der Künste
- Keywords Dying and Desing, Design in Palliative Care
Next to a number of scientific publications (among them two PhD theses), we develop new approaches to the design of care items and products of visual communication, in collaboration with our partner institution.
Course of action
From our transdisciplinary angle, we analyse various intersections between language, care, design, and religion. What role does the religious or spiritual domain play in care? How are acts of care reflected in the ways of speaking? What's the function of design with regard to care items, spatial sourroundings and others? A video artist will reflect the research process and contribute to the publication of the results.