On the Impact of Social Comparison on Physician Behavior
Randomised field experiment on the influence of "social comparison" information on medical decisions and adherence to clinical guidelines by GPs in the outpatient sector in Switzerland.
- Lead department Health Professions
- Institute Institute of Health Economics and Health Policy
- Research unit Field of Innovation – Technology and Health
- BFH centre BFH centre for Health technologies
- Funding organisation SNSF
- Duration (planned) 01.07.2020 - 01.06.2022
- Project management Tobias Benjamin Müller
- Head of project Tobias Benjamin Müller
Primed by the ongoing political and academic debate about rising health costs and the over-provision of medical care in the developed world, this research project strives at gaining an in-depth understanding about how the provision of social comparison information influences the medical decisions and adherence to clinical guidelines of primary care providers in the outpatient sector in Switzerland.