Research Overview - Corona and Poverty/Inequality in Switzerland
Commissioned by the Swiss National Platform against poverty we compile research projects and publications dealing with poverty and/or socio-economic inequality in the context of the Corona pandemic.
- Lead school School of Social Work
- Institute Institute for Social Security and Social Policy
- Funding organisation Others
- Duration (planned) 21.06.2021 - 31.12.2021
- Project management Prof. Dr. Michelle Beyeler
- Head of project Prof. Dr. Michelle Beyeler
- Keywords povery inequality Corona-pandemic research overview
Within the framework of the National Anti-Poverty Platform (NAPA), the Federal Social Insurance Office (FSIO) commissioned the Bern University of Applied Sciences to compile an overview of research projects dealing with poverty and socio-economic inequality in the context of the Corona pandemic. The overview shall include planned, ongoing, and completed projects. Public authorities are interested to know what data and research results are already available or to be expected, that could possibly serve as a basis for evidence-based policy making.
Course of action
Using an Airtable-Survey we collect information on past, current and planned research projects. At the same time we compile a literature data-base. Information on the research activities as well as on the actual state of the art (summer 2021) are published in a report.