New Work goes Nature: On the impact of nature on work
The fact that nature has a positive influence on our well-being is known under the concept of biophilia. Now - boosted by the consequences of the Corona pandemic - a new trend is spreading: working in nature.
- Lead department Business School
- Institute Institute for New Work
- Research unit New Forms of Work and Organisation
- Funding organisation Others
- Duration (planned) 01.06.2021 - 30.09.2021
- Project management Prof. Dr. Andrea Gurtner
- Head of project Prof. Dr. Nada Endrissat
- Project staff Lorenz Frédéric Affolter
- Partner Outside Society
- Keywords New Work, Outside Office, Work in Nature, Wellbeing, Biophilia
Office Caravan, Biophilic Design, Outside Office: working in nature is the new trend. While it is well known that nature has a positive influence on our well-being, less is known about its impact on on our work and work experience. These questions will be addressed as part of the pilot project Outside-Society, which is taking place this summer in Bern's Zehendermätteli.
Course of action
The New Work Institute is partnering up with the Swiss pilot project Outside-Society from June to September 2021 to explore nature’s effect on work. With the help of an online questionnaire, short interviews and field observations, the expectations and experiences of coworkers and participants in team events with working in nature will be explored. The results will be made available on the website of the New Work Institute.