Efficient water management in smallholder farms
The overall goal is to formally establish and strengthen a potentially long-term institutional collaboration between BFH-HAFL, and Aqua Alimenta by embarking on this joint research project.
- Lead school School of Agricultural, Forest and Food Sciences
HAFL Institut Hugo P. Cecchini
- Research unit International Agriculture and Rural Development
- Funding organisation Others
- Duration (planned) 06.10.2022 - 30.04.2023
- Project management Prof. Dr. Gurbir Singh Bhullar
- Head of project Prof. Dr. Gurbir Singh Bhullar
- Project staff Prof. Dr. Gurbir Singh Bhullar
- Partner Aqua Alimenta
The research objectives of this collaboration are twofold: a. In short-term: Study of the potential of irrigation scheduling based on soil moisture sensor technology to increase production in tropical conditions with selected tropical plant varieties in India. b. In long-term: Development of improved production plans for small holder farmer families based on agroecological principles to provide nutritious food and income throughout the year (3 crop cycles).