Digital lifestyle intervention for older adults
Development and evaluation of a smartphone application to promote quality of life in older adults. The app covers the lifestyle domains physical activity, nutrition, sleep, and relaxation.
- Lead school School of Health Professions
- Institute Academic-Practice-Partnership Insel Gruppe/ BFH
- Funding organisation Others
- Duration (planned) 15.12.2022 - 31.01.2024
- Project management Prof. Dr. Kai-Uwe Schmitt
- Head of project Dr. Renato Mattli
- Keywords lifestyle, sleep, nutrition, physical activity, relaxation, ehealth, older adults
The Swiss population is getting older and at the same time more multimorbid. To enable healthy aging with a satisfactory quality of life, targeting the lifestyle of an individual can be promising. But how can we support people to change their habits?
Course of action
This research project is funded by Velux Stiftung. We will investigate the demands of an elderly population regarding a digital lifestyle intervention, how we can implement it, and how it can impact everyday life. We are covering the four lifestyle domains physical activity, nutrition, sleep, and relaxation. With the help of a smartphone application, we will educate users on the different lifestyle domains. In addition, overarching topics and interactions between lifestyle domains will be covered. The intervention focuses on general recommendations for the users in combination with specific tasks. The app is intended to create an educational offer and show ways in which the users can change their habits and adapt their lifestyle.