Support for the integration of FOEN Linked Data
As part of this project, various Open Government Datasets of the Federal Office for the Environment will be integrated into the federal Linked Data platform LINDAS in order to be available to a wider public for further use.
- Lead school Business School
- Institute Institute for Public Sector Transformation
- Research unit Data and Infrastructure
- Funding organisation Others
- Duration (planned) 01.08.2022 - 31.12.2023
- Project management Prof. Dr. Matthias Stürmer
- Head of project Dr. Benedikt Simon Hitz
- Project staff Tobias Peter Böni
- Partner Bundesamt für Umwelt BAFU
- Keywords Linked Data, LINDAS, Data Integration, Data Management
The Federal Office for the Environment (FOEN) collects data on a wide range of environmental topics. Specialist project leaders are responsible for these data. Due to the diversity of the data and also the data collection and data processing, which is also partly due to historical reasons, it is difficult for the interested public to use the data.
Course of action
Within the framework of this project, FOEN specialist project managers are to be supported in publishing their data on the federal government's Linked Data Platform LINDAS. For this purpose, the data and their associated metadata are to be recorded in a standardised manner as so-called RDF cubes.
The RDF cubes created are published on the Linked Data platform LINDAS and made available via various outlets. These include via the integrated visualization platform https://visualize.admin.ch, which is intended to enable simple visualization of the data sets. In addition, the FOEN is supported in training their staff to use LINDAS and in accompanying the further development of LINDAS.