This project focuses on private music-making in bourgeois circles in circa 1800. This formed the foundation for today’s music life in Switzerland.
- Lead school Bern Academy of the Arts
- Institute Institute Interpretation
- Research unit Performance and interpretation
- Funding organisation SNSF
- Duration (planned) 01.08.2023 - 31.07.2025
- Project management Christoph Riedo
- Head of project Dr. Claudio Bacciagaluppi
Prof. Irena Müller
Université de Genève
Historisches Museum Basel
Zentral- und Hochschulbilbiothek Luzern
The cultivation of music in the house of Lukas Sarasin (1730–1802) in Basel can serve to showcase the phenomenon of private music-making in bourgeois circles. A website, a touring exhibition (in Basel, Zurich, Bern and Lucerne), concerts and workshops for schools and orchestral societies will bring the results of this research to a wider audience.