Development of a methodology for landscape approaches for FSC
Scope of the project is to advise FSC on landscape approaches. In the first stage 2 toolkits for landscape approaches are to be developed and to be used by FSC.
- Lead school School of Agricultural, Forest and Food Sciences
Multifunctional Forest Management
HAFL Institut Hugo P. Cecchini
- Research unit Forest Policy and International Forest Management
- Funding organisation Others
- Duration (planned) 01.05.2023 - 30.12.2023
- Project management Dr. Claude Garcia
- Head of project Dr. Claude Garcia
Dr. Claude Garcia
- Partner FSC Global Development GmbH
- Keywords Forestry and landscape management
The project shall advise FSC on landscape approaches. In the first stage 2 toolkits for landscape approaches are to be developed and to be used by FSC Standard Development Groups: one for identification of a landscape in their country and one for identification of stakeholder groups in a landscape. The Consultant shall attend and co-organize 2 workshops at the FSC Global Staff Meeting (planned for 24 and 25 May 2023) for FSC staff to introduce the work and collaboration between FSC and Bern University of Applied Sciences on the development of landscape approaches for IFLs. The Consultant shall deliver an initial toolbox for (1) identifying landscapes in a country or region, and (2) identifying stakeholder groups in a specific landscape, for field-testing with FSC offices. The Consultant shall support questions around field-testing the 2 toolboxes in the previous bullet-point, coming from FSC SDGs and FSC staff (June & July 2023).