Content + Structure
The bachelor’s degree programme in Nursing at BFH provides you with a sound theoretical foundation in science and extensive professional and practical experience. All content is designed to give you the tools you need for career success.
The bachelor’s degree programme in Nursing at BFH prepares you for a professional career in the field. Nursing is both a profession and a scientific discipline, and a career in it requires extensive knowledge as well as expert theoretical and practical skills. This cannot be achieved either on the ward or in the lecture hall alone; it requires a well-balanced mix of theory and practice.
This combination of practical and theoretical learning prepares you to graduate with a Bachelor of Science degree as well as a professional qualification.
Upon graduating from this bachelor's degree programme and gaining initial work experience, you will be equipped to assume a high degree of responsibility in complex professional settings.
You will be able to
- manage the preventive, therapeutic, rehabilitative, palliative and end-of-life care for patients of all ages, and involve their families in the process.
- work with patients and their families to ascertain the level of care needed, make diagnoses and establish objectives for interventions and medical care.
- consult the latest scientific findings to justify and monitor the interventions you choose for your patients.
- evaluate the effectiveness of care according to valid quality standards as well as identify any aberrations.
- empower patients and their families depending on the reality of their situation – to prevent, overcome or accept physical limitations, disabilities or illness.
- act as a life-saving first responder in emergency situations.
- foster caring relationships with different people, in service of the nursing process.
- coordinate care and assist colleagues in the field, taking over for them as needed.
- identify areas in need of further study in the field of nursing and participate in researching the answers to relevant research questions. You will draw upon your clinical experience to help incorporate these findings in your nursing practice.
- relay your knowledge of nursing to patients and their families or individuals in other professional fields and guide them through the care process.
Bachelor’s degree programme in Nursing at BFH (German)
Mode of study + Duration
Full-time study (6 semesters), followed by a 10-month additional internship module.
Curriculum + Modules
The bachelor's degree programme in Nursing is modular. Every semester is structured around modules dedicated to specific topics.