Prof. Dr. Elham Firouzi
Prof. Dr. Elham Firouzi Dozent
School of Engineering and Computer Science
BTE5051d - Functional software development in C
BTE5055d - Introduction to programming
BTE5052d - Software design and software projects
BTE5056d - Introduction to microprocessors and print layout
BTE5053d - Firmware development
BTE5054d - Introduction to OOP with Java
BTE5380d - Embedded Systems
BTE5483d - Real Time Operating Systems
BTE5446d - Embedded Linux
BTM1031ac - User interfaces, simple applications in C#
Programming of Microcontrollers
Design and development of embedded systems
Embedded hardware and software design
Global Satellite Navigation System (GNSS)
Internet of things (IoT)
Real time operating systems
Embedded Linux and Android
Embedded web server
- Since 1995, Dr. Elham Firouzi has carried out successfully many R&D projects in the field of embedded systems.
- In addition, in 2002, he started teaching computer engineering at Swiss universities (Bern University of Applied Sciences, University of Bern and University of Neuchâtel).
- Finally, in 2016, he was appointed as Vice Dean of the Division of Electrical Engineering and Information Technology.
- 2016 – Present : Vice Dean of the Division of Electrical Engineering and Information technology, Bern University of Applied Sciences
- 2007 - 2016 : Senior Lecturer in Computer Engineering, ARTORG Center for Biomedical Engineering Research, University of Bern
- 2002 – Present : Full Time Professor of Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering and Information Technology, Bern University of Applied Sciences
- 2002 – 2009 : Lecturer and Group Leader, Institute of Microengineering, Swiss Federal Institute of Technology Lausanne / Institute of Microtechnology, University of Neuchâtel
- 2000 - 2002 : CTO Hardware, IP01 SA
- 1995 - 2000 : IC and DSP System Designer, Institute of Microtechnology, University of Neuchâtel
- 2018 : Certificate of Advanded Studies in University Teaching, University didactics + E-learning, Bern University of Applied Sciences
- 2016 : Master of Advanced Studies in Public Administration (MPA), Faculty of Law, Criminal Justice and Public Administration, University of Lausanne
- 2000 : Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) in Electronics and Signal Processing, Institute of Microtechnology, University of Neuchâtel
- 1998 : Advanced GPS Receiver Design, Navtech Seminars and GPS Supply Inc., Alexandria, Virginia, USA
- 1988 - 1995 : Master of Physical Electronics, Institute of Microtechnology, University of Neuchâtel
- 1984 - 1987 : Swiss Federal Maturity, Type C (Scientific), Cantonal High School of Neuchâtel
Management of the project "Share", whose aim was the design and development of a GSM "ShareBox" for car, bike and boat sharing. This project has been realized in collaboration with “SHARE - telematics S.A”.
Management of the project “WatchDog“, whose objective was the design and development of a data logger to monitor the behavior of livestock guard dogs. This project has been realized in collaboration with the “Club for Livestock Guard Dogs Switzerland” (www.herdenschutzschweiz.ch).
Definition and management of the project “GPS-L2 time synchronization”, whose goal was the design and development of a dual band GPS receiver for the TDM network synchronization. This project has been realized in collaboration with “Oscilloquartz Ltd.” (www.oscilloquartz.com) and its funding – about 1 million CHF – has been provided by the Commission for the Technology and Innovation (CTI).
Support for the project “GJU/04/2423”, whose aim was the design and development of a Galileo receiver for the “Cospas-Sarsat” (www.cospas-sarsat.int) beacons. This project has been realized in collaboration with “Martec Serpe-Iesm” (MSI) and its funding – about 200’000 euros – has been provided by the Galileo Joint Undertaking (European Union).
Industrialization of a low power DSP architecture for GPS receivers, which has been integrated into a smartwatch by “Asulab Ltd.” (Swatch Group).
Design and development of a low power DSP architecture for GPS receivers. This project was funded by the CTI and “Asulab Ltd.” (Swatch Group).
Network Synchronization System GPS L2
Language skills and intercultural knowledge
- French - Native or bilingual proficiency
- German - Native or bilingual proficiency
- English - Full professional proficiency
- Persian - Elementary proficiency