Prof. Dr. Elisabeth Eugster
Prof. Dr. Elisabeth Eugster Leiterin Abteilung FSM
School of Agricultural, Forest and Food Sciences HAFL
Abteilung Food Science & Management
Head of Department Food Science & Management BFH HAFL
Lecturer in Food Microbiology, Food Safety, Food Hygiene, Quality Management, Nutrition
bioconversion, cheese technology, milk processing, microbial biodiversity in food, starter cultures, food safety and quality, food microbiology, fermented food, food, food, food, food, food, food, food, food
MSc Food Nutrition & Health
Food microbiology, food hygiene, food safety
Food Quality from Farm to Fork
Food policy and legislation
Broad experience in project funding and management in applied research.
Scientific research in microbial biodiversity of food ecosystems.
Scientific research in microbiology, molecular biology, fermented food products
Scientific research in dairy technology, cheese technology.
Scientific research in food safety, human nutrition, sensorial evaluation.
- Born 1966 in St. Gallen, Switzerland, married, two children Specific knowledge and experience in: - Lecturing at HAFL since 1995: microbiology, food technology, meat technology, vegetable oil production, cheese technology, starter culture development, sensorial evaluation - Build-up and implementation of courses in advanced education - Designing and conducting tailor-made training courses, team coaching & tutoring - Conceptualizing, planning and implementing of food development projects - Information and knowledge management, knowledge transfer and sharing techniques - Project acquisition, negotiation, contracting and transferring into action (“en bloc”)
- since 1995 Professor for Food Sciences and Technology; lecturing microbiology, meat technology, dairy technology, cheese technology, starter culture development, sensorial evaluation, BSc modules of HAFL BFH HAFL
- since 2017 Head of Division Food Science & Management BFH HAFL
- 2013 Alpine dairywoman at Alp Malschüel, Switzerland, herding of 265 goats, responsible for the transformation of goat milk into goat cheese Malschüel
- 2003-2016 Research group and research division leader Agroscope
- 1991-1995 Development manager edible fats and oil, dressings, spreads Lipton-Sais Unilever
- 2001 PhD thesis: Dr. sc. techn. ETH Zürich ETH Zürich
- 1991 Food Science and Technology MSc ETHZ, Swiss Federal Institute of Technology, Zurich, Switzerland (dipl. Lm.Ing. ETH) ETH Zürich
- 2000 Certificate in Education at Universities of Applied Sciences (DIS Zertifikat) BFH HAFL
Establishment of an undergraduate BSc Course in Food safety and Quality Management at the Yezin Agricultural University in Myanmar
PlantProtect : Bio-protection against moulds on fruits and vegetables