Chuyu Zhang Doktorand
Bern Academy of the Arts
My research interests are in the history, aesthetic and analysis of twentieth-century neoclassical and modernist music as well as their aftermath in the German-speaking world. In my works, I try to combine analysis with its historical and aesthetic background against which the music was composed and received. I am also interested in film music, particularly Swiss. My current research is on Robert Blum's film music and his twelve-tone compositions.
- I am pursing a PhD in musicology on the music of Robert Blum at the Université de Genève. Before that I studied in Berlin and Oxford for my first two degrees.
- 2019 - 2022 BA English and Musicology Humboldt Universität zu Berlin
- 2022 - 2023 Mst Music (Musicology) University of Oxford
- 2023 - Ph.D. in Musicology Université de Genève
Language skills and intercultural knowledge
- English - Full professional proficiency
- German - Full professional proficiency
- Chinese - Native or bilingual proficiency
- French - Elementary proficiency
- Italian - Elementary proficiency