Dr. Christian Willisch
Dr. Christian Willisch Wissenschaftlicher Mitarbeiter
School of Agricultural, Forest and Food Sciences HAFL
Leader Wildlife Ecology (Team Forest Ecology)
Wildlife ecology and management
Wildtierökologie & -monitoring
Population dynamics and demography
Habitat selection and modelling
Human impact on wildlife
Wildlife monitoring and telemetry
Alpine ungulates, large carnivores
- Extensive experience in acquisition, planning and execution of applied research projects on native wildlife (red deer, Alpine ibex, chamois, roe deer, lynx, wolf).
- Expertise in the evaluation and optimization of wildlife management procedures, the application of contemporary monitoring methods and statistical analysis procedures for the recording and assessment of wildlife populations and their influencing variables.
- Broad network to specialists of other research areas, as well as to cantonal and federal authorities.
- since 2020 Research associate (Team Forest ecology) Bern University of Applied Sciences, HAFL Zollikofen
- 2016-2019 Research associate (Centre for Fish and Wildlife Health) University of Bern, Vetsuisse Faculty, Bern
- 2009-2016 Post-Doc (Evolutionary Ecology) University of Zürich, Department of Evolutionary Biology and Environmental Studies
- 2009-2015 Scientific researcher & group leader (Ungulate ecology) FaunAlpin GmbH, Bern
Schweizerische Gesellschaft für Wildtierbiologie SGW
Naturforschende Gesellschaft Bern NGB