Prof. Serge Bignens
Prof. Serge Bignens Leiter Institut I4MI
Engineering and Information Technology
Head of Institut for Medical Informatics
Mittelbau-Ressourcen (Einstellung, Coaching)
Bachelor in Medical Informatics
Digital Health implementation projects
Clinical Apps for tablets and smartphones
Management of Health Organizations
Personal Health Records
Patient Reported Outcome Measures (PROM)
Governance Health Data
- After studying at the l’EPFL (Polytechnical University of Lausanne, Switzerland) and Carnegie Mellon University (Pittsburgh, PA, USA), I started my career in Zürich, first in a consulting company and then in the industry, orienting my activities in software development.
Back in the french part of Switzerland, I continued in that domain in a software consulting company, ELCA Informatique SA, where I contributed to the growth and transformation of the company from 40 to 500 engineers by leading numerous projects and consulting mandates and building up and leading successfully swiss wide the Content management and eHealth Business Lines.
From this path in a consulting company I decided to move closer to the health sector and joined the Public Health Department of the State of Vaud, to build and lead the eHealth Competency Center in charge of defining and implementing the canton's eHealth strategy.
Moving forward in the eHealth domain, I then joined the Swiss Post, leader in the development and operation of eHealth platforms in Switzerland, to manage the strategic technological and commercial partnerships.
Since September 2014 I'm Professor in medical informatics at the University of applied science Bern (BFH), in Biel, where I teach bachelor students and conduct applied research projects. And since Mai 2017 head of the BFH institute for medical informatics.
- April 2017 - now Head of Institute for Medical Informatics BFH
- September 2014 - now Professor for Medical Informatics BFH
- Februar 2015 - now Co-Founder, Member of the Board and of the Management MIDATA Cooperative
- July 2019 - now Healthtech Expert Company invited by Kickstart Innovation
- Mai 2017 - now Member of the mHealth working group invited by eHealth Suisse
- September 2016 - now Board Member Swiss Society for Medical Informatics (SGMI SSIM SSMI)
- 2006 - 2008 Board Member ELCA Informatics
- 1981-1985 MSc Mechanical Engineering EPFL (3rd year by Carnegie Mellon University)
- 2009-2011 MAS Health Economics and Management UNI- Lausanne
Aider les Proches Aidants, Gesundheitsförderung Schweiz
MitrendS V1, USZ
Ally Science, Inventus
MIDATA, ETH Zürich
Digital Society Center
Swiss Society for Medical Informatics