Range of services
Our flexible collaboration model for services and industrial/research projects means that we are able to start work on new projects at short notice. Our cutting-edge facilities allow us to manufacture industrial prototypes. Thanks to a validated cleanroom and ISO 13485 certification, we are able to produce medtech devices in-house.
Research + Development
Carry out your R&D projects with us and receive support from Innosuisse. Key criteria for eligibility: Innovation and the prospect of successful market implementation. Projects generally take between one and three years.
You commission us for research and we develop a practice-oriented, research-based solution at current rates. We have many years’ experience in planning and implementing industrial projects.
As your partner, we provide flexible support for your services and product development activities. If you require any further information, please get in touch.
- Feasibility studies
- Technological assessments and investigations
- Project monitoring
- Consulting, planning and coaching
- Tests and expert reports
- Measurements, appraisals and analyses
- Letting of facilities
- Evaluations and audits
HuCE is equipped with cutting-edge facilities that allow rapid prototyping in optical, mechanical and electronic fields. In addition to computerised, mobile monitoring systems with cutting-edge measuring devices, we have the following special equipment:
- Validated class 7 clean room for the production of med-tech prototypes and products
- Laser welder for plastics (BW-TEC) and metals (Rofini), catheter tipper, etc. in the clean room
- Mobile and wireless bio-signal recording device (Clevemed, ADInstruments)
- Automated PCB/BGA placer, soldering machine (complete PCB/BGA production machine and printer, placer and reflow oven)
- Semi-automatic ASIC wire bonder, ACF/ACP bonder
- Laser Doppler vibrometer
- Various high-resolution measuring microscopes
- Contactless measuring systems
- RF workplace (network analyser, amplifier, RF power meter, spectrum analyser, mixed-signal oscilloscope, function and signal generators for up to 3 GHz)
- High-end measuring devices such as LeCroy 20 GS/s oscilloscope, 6 GHz bandwidth
- Industrial and collaborative robots
- Mobile robots
- Haptic devices
- 3-wall CAVE
- Development of miniaturised systems from prototype to series, microtechnologies
- Research, analysis and implementation of hardware algorithms in FPGAs and ASICs, microelectronics
- Complex control, signal and image processing
- Computer perception and Virtual Reality simulation
- Research in optical coherence tomography (OCT)
- Sensors and sensor networks
- Development of biometric authentication algorithms
- Collaborative robotics
ISO 13485 certification
Medical products are strictly regulated by European directives – guaranteeing their effectiveness and patient safety. In order to meet the demands of the market for medical products, the Institute for Human Centered Engineering HuCE has established the subgroup HuCE microCert, which is ISO 13485-certified for design, development and manufacturing. HuCE is committed to close collaboration with SMEs in the field of applied research and in the development of medical devices. A certified ISO 7 cleanroom has been set up for manufacturing medical devices that require a controlled environment.
Innovation and research are key to strengthening competitiveness. That is why companies from a wide variety of industries have long collaborated with our bachelor’s and master’s students. Here, our students incorporate aspects of their respective partner company’s work into their thesis, supervised by us. In doing so, they enable the company in question to avail itself not only of the students’ own academic knowledge and experience, but also that of their lecturers.
Training + Continuing education
Bachelor’s, master’s and continuing education programmes offer specialists a suitable qualification for every stage of their career. New findings and developments in research feed directly into our teaching, which provides students with a hands-on approach to the field.