The aim of this project is to offer a historically informed framework for the music theory sub-discipline of aural skills training (‘Gehörbildung’) as it is taught at conservatories in present-day German-speaking countries.
- Lead school Bern Academy of the Arts
- Institute Institute Interpretation
- Research unit Music Theory
- Funding organisation SNSF
- Duration 01.08.2017 - 31.05.2021
- Project management Dr. Claudio Bacciagaluppi
- Head of project Dr. Claudio Bacciagaluppi
Prof. Dr. Nathalie Meidhof
Luis Antonio Ramos Regino
Hochschule für Musik Freiburg
Schola Cantorum Basiliensis
There is a generally perceived need today for a new reference framework for this subject that should be considerably better integrated with other aspects of music education. A historically informed perspective has in recent years already been successfully applied in other branches of music theory.