Low-end Innovation: An Investigation of Key Individuals and Organizational Ecosystems
Low-end innovations enable companies to conquer markets and generate profits. They satisfy needs for affordable products and help to solve societal challenges.
- Lead department Business
- Institute Institute for Innovation and Strategic Entrepreneurship
- Research unit Low-end Innovation
- Funding organisation SNSF
- Duration (planned) 01.05.2018 - 30.04.2021
- Project management Sebastian Gurtner
- Head of project Sebastian Gurtner
- Project staff Nadine Hietschold
- Partner Friedrich-Schiller-Universität Jena
- Keywords Innovation, Low-end, Social Innovation, Disruptive innovation, Bottom of the Pyramid
Insights into the management of low-end innovations. The focus is particularly on the role of key individuals and the organizational ecosystems that play a role for the emergence of low-end innovations.
Course of action
Five studies examine the characteristics and skills of low-end innovators, develop a valid measuring instrument for analyzing the low-end innovation preference of individuals, evaluate the effect of contextual factors and the role of key people as well as the effectiveness of strategies to support an organizational ecosystems for low-end innovations.