Establishment of an undergraduate B.Sc. Course in Food Safety and Quality mgmt.
Myanmar is at an early stage of introducing measures to strengthen food and agricultural policy. There is a need to improve coordination regarding the setting of safety and quality standards and the enforcement of food regulations.
- Lead school School of Agricultural, Forest and Food Sciences
HAFL Institut Hugo P. Cecchini
- Research unit International Agriculture and Rural Development
- Funding organisation Others
- Duration (planned) 01.12.2018 - 31.12.2022
- Project management Prof. Dr. Urs Christoph Scheidegger
- Head of project Johannes Brunner
Prof. Dr. Elisabeth Eugster
Prof. Dr. Roland Stähli
Dr. Alessandra Giuliani
Prof. Dr. Urs Christoph Scheidegger
- Partner Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH
- Keywords Food safety, quality management, curriculum development, capacity building
The objective of the project is to jointly develop and implement a BSc course in Food Safety and Quality Managament at Yezin Agricultural University (YAU).
Course of action
HAFL experts in food science and educational science will support YAU in analyzing the present situation, doing a needs assessment and developing a competence-based curriculum. Jointly, a comprehensive set of overarching competences will be defined and respective modules will be designed. Implementation of the new curriculum will be planned jointly. Teaching will be selectively accompanied and a follow-up will assess performance of the new course.