Fresh Wind – Communicating research on musical instruments
Can an organ be further developed by means of dynamic touch-keys, can a contrabass clarinet be perfected using electronics, and can a replica historical trumpet be improved by means of historic production technologies?
- Lead school Bern Academy of the Arts
- Institute Institute Interpretation
- Research unit Musical Instruments
- Funding organisation SNSF
- Duration (planned) 01.05.2018 - 31.10.2020
- Project management Martin Skamletz
- Head of project Dr. Adrian von Steiger
Prof. Jimmy Schmid
- Partner Klingendes Museum
Scholars at the Bern University of the Arts HKB are engaged in applied research issues such as these. Fresh Wind communicates their research questions, procedures and results to a broad, interested public by means of a participative website, an exhibition, and in-depth workshops.