The Once-Only Principle Project (TOOP)
The institute public sector transformation participates in the horizon 2020 project to develop a European infrastructure to implement the once-only-principle across borders, bringing in the perspective of the Swiss experience.
- Lead department Business
- Institute Institute for Public Sector Transformation
- Research unit Daten und Infrastruktur
- BFH centre BFH Centre for the Digital Society
- Funding organisation Europäische Union
- Duration (planned) 01.03.2018 - 30.06.2020
- Project management Alessia C. Neuroni
- Head of project Alessia C. Neuroni
- Keywords E-Government, Data, Once-Only-Principle, European Union
The concept of OOP focuses on data from businesses. Drawing from the project’s experience, we developed recommendations and technical solutions for the implementation of OOP, ultimately aimed to improve processes within public administration.
Course of action
The Once-Only-Principle makes business data available between various bodies and levels of public administration as well as across borders. During the project a range of organizational and technological requirements had to be met and were tested in three pilot projects. Additionally, the specific requirements for the Swiss context, a non-EU state, were being documented.