Der vermessene Tubaspieler – Die Ergonomie der Tuba
The ergonomics of tuba-playing have barely been researched. But we know that it can cause physical complaints on account of stresses that are comparable to those of competitive sports.
- Lead department Bern University of the Arts
- Additional departments Health Professions
- Institute Institute Interpretation
- Research unit Musical Instruments
- BFH centre BFH Centre for Arts in Context
- Funding organisation Others
- Duration 01.01.2019 - 31.12.2019
- Project management Adrian von Steiger
- Head of project Adrian von Steiger
- Partner Willson Band Instruments CH AG
This project is measuring and digitising the ‘human/tuba’ system for the first-ever time, investigating different models of tuba and using questionnaires to identify typical stress patterns. Its findings are intended to form the basis of subsequent innovations in tuba-building and training sequences for tuba players.