Ammonia emissions of the Swiss agriculture 1990-2019.
Ammonia (NH3) emissions induce significant nitrogen losses for the Swiss agriculture and negative impacts for the environment.
- Lead school School of Agricultural, Forest and Food Sciences
- Institute Agriculture
- Research unit Sustainability and Circular Economy
- Funding organisation Schweizerische Eidgenossenschaft (Bundesverwaltung)
- Duration 01.08.2019 - 24.11.2022
- Project management Thomas Kupper
- Head of project Thomas Kupper
- Partner Bundesamt für Umwelt BAFU
- Keywords Ammonia, Emissions, Agriculture, Nitrogen, Inventory
By means of the model Agrammon NH3 emissions are calculated. The aim of the project is a yearly calculation of the ammonia emissions of the Swiss agriculture for the time period between 1990 and 2019.
Course of action
The ammonia emissions of the Swiss agriculture are yearly calculated by means of the model Agrammon. The procedure is based on the Swiss activity data, representative surveys on farm and manure management and calculations at individual farm level using the model Agrammon for 2002, 2007, 2010, 2015, 2019. For 1990 and 1995 simplified calculations are applied by means of Agrammon regional. Between the calculation years the emissions are determined by interpolation.