Food safety and consumer behavior in the agro-food ecosystem
Development of strategies for a more sustainable food system in Bern that guarantees the regenerative capacity of natural resources. Development of competence oriented courses in food safety and quality management for non-OECD countries.
- Lead school School of Agricultural, Forest and Food Sciences
Consumer-focused Food Production
HAFL Institut Hugo P. Cecchini
Bioconversion and Protective Cultures
- Funding organisation SNSF
- Duration (planned) 01.06.2022 - 31.05.2023
- Project management Prof. Dr. Elisabeth Eugster
- Head of project Prof. Dr. Elisabeth Eugster
Prof. Dr. Elisabeth Eugster
Prof. Dr. Thomas Brunner
Dr. Iuliia Motuzka
- Keywords consumer behaviour, transformation of food system, competence oriented development of courses in food safety and quality management for non-OECD countries
There is a strong need in the development of participatory approaches towards the transformation of our food system in order to make it sustainable and resources friendly. Furthermore, education is key for the transformation of the food system and new approaches in competence oriented teaching contents are needed.
Course of action
Development of participatory approaches for the transformation of the food system. Development of competence oriented teaching methods in food safety and quality management for non OECD countries.