BeLearn Education 6.0
The Education 6.0 project seeks to create an online platform for relevant, dependable information and recommendations on the proper use of AI-based tools for students and teachers.
- Lead school School of Engineering and Computer Science
- Institute Institut für Medizininformatik I4MI
- BFH centre Thematic field "Humane Digital Transformation"
- Funding organisation Others
- Duration (planned) 01.03.2023 - 28.02.2025
- Project management Prof. Dr. Kerstin Denecke
- Head of project Prof. Dr. Kerstin Denecke
Robin Paul Glauser
- Keywords Artificial intelligence, university curricula, ethics
Various forms of artificial intelligence (AI) are now prevalent in many areas of day-to-day life. In higher education too, there is potential for AI-based tools to support teachers and students. At the present time, AI does not always perform reliably – so it is essential to approach AI-generated results with a critical mind. However, if the appropriate ‘digital skills’ are in place, AI-based tools can make a valuable contribution to efficient, effective teaching and learning.
Course of action
The project will begin with internet and literature research to compile an overview of existing AI-based tools. It will then determine the specific needs of the students and teachers, for example identifying activities of a time-consuming, tedious or repetitive nature that can be supported with AI-based tools. Based on sample applications, information and tools will be collated on a platform that demonstrates how AI can support university teaching. Furthermore, guidelines will be drafted on engaging critically with these tools.
Anticipated results are the platform on AI-based tools in teaching and guidelines on how to engage with them critically.