Areas of expertise
As a Business Engineer with a master’s degree you will be responsible for the management of industrial goods and services. You are familiar with the analytical methods and opportunities involved in the manufacture and use of industrial goods or systems, particularly in the fields of logistics, supply chain management and the lifecycles of plants, products and business models. You are able to find sound solutions to technological and business problems and to implement them cost-efficiently.
Bachelor of Science in business engineering – or a comparable bachelor degree in a technical or business discipline.
The degree programme consists of a theory component (30 ECTS) and a focus component (60 ECTS). The focus of Business Engineering is on specialising in greater depth: two-thirds of the programme (60 ECTS) is devoted to this and is completed at our Industrial Engineering and Management Science research unit at Bern University of Applied Sciences. As part of this focus component you will write two project theses and the master’s thesis.
The following focus areas are currently available – the advisor responsible is indicated:
- Business analytics, simulation modelling of complex systems with a focus on clean technologies and the circular economy (Prof. Dr. Stefan Grösser)
- Supply chain management and logistics, strategic procurement, sustainable/circular supply chains, SupplyChainTech (Prof. Dr. Jörg Grimm)
- Production and operations management (Prof. Dr. Cédric Bessire)
- Entrepreneurship and innovation management including design thinking (Prof. Dr. Stefan Grösser)
- Sustainability, life-cycle analyses and circular economy (Dr. Maria Franco)
A further third of your degree programme (30 ECTS) is dedicated to theory modules. These modules are subdivided into three areas:
- Technical Scientific Modules | TSM
- Fundamental Theoretical Principles | FTP
- Context Modules | CM
Your flexible degree programme is planned with the support of an advisor. They advise you on your choice of theory modules and projects. General questions about the degree programme can be sent to Prof. Dr. Stefan Grösser, head of the specialisation.