Prof. Dr. Sven Feurer
Prof. Dr. Sven Feurer Fachgruppenleiter
Institut Marketing & Global Management
Technology Acceptance and Use
Behavioral and Organizational Issues in Pricing
- Sven Feurer studied business administration at the University of Mannheim (Germany) and the University of Umeå (Sweden). He then worked as a doctoral candidate at the Chair of Marketing & Innovation at the University of Mannheim. After receiving his PhD (Dr. rer. pol.), he worked as a post-doctoral researcher at the Marketing & Sales Research Group at the Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT). During this time, he spent two research semesters at Vanderbilt University's Owen Graduate School of Management. Since January 2021, Sven Feurer is Professor of Marketing at the Bern University of Applied Sciences. He is also head of the marketing group (since August 2022).
- Sven Feurer's research and teaching focuses on the areas of consumer behavior, pricing and innovation management. His research has appeared in such journals as the Journal of Consumer Research, the Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science, the Journal of Product Innovation Management, and the International Journal of Research in Marketing.
- since 08/2022 Head of Marketing Group Bern University of Applied Sciences, Institute Marketing & Global Management
- since 01/2021 Reasearch Professor of Marketing, Bern University of Applied Sciences, Institute Marketing & Global Management
- 04/2019 - 07/2019 Visiting Researcher, Vanderbilt University; Owen Graduate School of Management
- 10/2018 - 03/2019 Interim Professor for Service Marketing, Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT)
- 10/2017 - 03/2018 Interim Professor for Consumer and User Behavior, Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT)
- 03/2016 - 06/2016 Visiting Researcher, Vanderbilt University; Owen Graduate School of Management
- 2014 - 2019 Post-Doctoral Researcher in Marketing Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT)
- 2010 - 2014 Doctoral Student in Marketing University of Mannheim, Chair of Marketing & Innovation
- 2003 - 2009 Student of Business Administration (Diploma) University of Mannheim
Kremer, Patrick; Feurer, Sven; Kim, Ju-Young; Hoeffler, Steve (in press). Overcoming the negative role of nostalgia in consumer reactions to automated products. Journal of Product Innovation Management, n/a.
Bill, Fabian; Feurer, Sven; Klarmann, Martin (2020). Salesperson social media use in business-to-business relationships: An empirical test of an integrative framework linking antecedents and consequences Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science, 48(4), pp. 734-752. Springer 10.1007/s11747-019-00708-z <http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s11747-019-00708-z>
Feurer, Sven; Schuhmacher, Monika C.; Kuester, Sabine (2019). How Pricing Teams Develop Effective Pricing Strategies for New Products Journal of Product Innovation Management, 36(1), pp. 66-86. Wiley 10.1111/jpim.12444 <http://dx.doi.org/10.1111/jpim.12444>
Kuester, Sabine; Feurer, Sven; Schuhmacher, Monika C.; Reinartz, Dominik (2015). Comparing the incomparable? How consumers judge the price fairness of new products International Journal of Research in Marketing, 32(3), pp. 272-283. 10.1016/j.ijresmar.2014.09.006 <http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.ijresmar.2014.09.006>
Feurer, Sven; Haws, Kelly L. (2022), Justifiable Justifications in Sequential Indulgent Choice Situations: A Framework for Future Research Based on Perceived Exceptionality, Journal of Business Research, 149, 630-639.
Will, Christian; Lehmann, Nico; Baumgartner, Nora; Feurer, Sven; Jochem, Patrick; Fichtner, Wolf (2022). Consumer understanding and evaluation of carbon-neutral electric vehicle charging services. Applied Energy, 313, 118799.
Pade, Robin; Feurer, Sven (2022). “The Mitigating Role of Nostalgia for Consumer Price Unfairness Perceptions in Response to Disadvantageous Personalized Pricing. Journal of Business Research, 145, 277-287.
Feurer, Sven; Hoeffler, Steve; Zhao, Min; Herzenstein, Michal (in press). Consumers’ Response to Really New Products: A Cohesive Synthesis of Current Research and Future Research Directions. International Journal of Innovation Management.
Liozu, Stephan; Feurer, Sven; Hinterhuber, Andreas; Woodside, Arch (2021). Configurational theory and practices of firms employing multiple pricing policies: assessing effective and ineffective pricing recipes in multiple firm contexts Journal of Revenue and Pricing Management, 20(4), pp. 420-435. Springer 10.1057/s41272-021-00306-1 <http://dx.doi.org/10.1057/s41272-021-00306-1>
Layer, Patrick; Feurer, Sven; Jochem, Patrick (2017). Perceived price complexity of dynamic energy tariffs: An investigation of antecedents and consequences Energy Policy, 106, pp. 244-254. 10.1016/j.enpol.2017.02.051 <http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.enpol.2017.02.051>
Feurer, Sven; Baumbach, Elisa; Woodside, Arch G. (2016). Applying configurational theory to build a typology of ethnocentric consumers International Marketing Review, 33(3), pp. 351-375. Emerald 10.1108/IMR-03-2014-0075 <http://dx.doi.org/10.1108/IMR-03-2014-0075>
Feurer, Sven; Schuhmacher, Monika C.; Kuester, Sabine (2015). Divide Tariffs and Prosper? A Focus on the Role of Need for Cognition Marketing ZFP, 37(2), pp. 101-108. 10.15358/0344-1369-2015-2-101 <http://dx.doi.org/10.15358/0344-1369-2015-2-101>
Feurer, Sven; Klarmann, Martin (2016). B2B-Vertrieb und das Social-Media-Paradox Sales Management Review, 25(1), pp. 10-19. Springer 10.1007/s35141-016-0022-8 <http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s35141-016-0022-8>
Kuester, Sabine; Feurer, Sven; Schuhmacher, Monika C. (2013). Auswirkungen des Einführungspreises einer radikalen Innovation auf Adoptionsbarrieren von Kunden, (020). IMU Research Insights, Universität Mannheim
Pade, Robin; Feurer, Sven (2021). Can Nostalgia Mitigate Consumers’ Price Unfairness Perceptions in Response to Price Differentiation? Two Experiments In: European Marketing Academy EMAC Conference 2021. Madrid, ESIC Business & Marketing School. May 25-28, 2021.
Kremer, Patrick; Feurer, Sven (2021). The key role of consumer perceived ownership for consumer reactions to product automation: scale development, validation, and empirical evidence In: European Marketing Academy EMAC Conference 2021. Madrid, ESIC Business & Marketing School. May 25-28, 2021.
Feurer, Sven; Fischer, Alexander (2021). Proposition of a Pleasurable-Ends Model of Manipulation in Marketing In: European Marketing Academy EMAC Conference 2021. Madrid, ESIC Business & Marketing School. May 25-28, 2021.